Robert P. Worden Jr.
Bob Worden is best known as a mediator, arbitrator, and settlement counsel regarding high-exposure, catastrophic injury lawsuits in the New York metro area.
Bob Worden’s experience as a plaintiff’s attorney, as well as a defense attorney, allows him to see lawsuits from all perspectives, and has given him insight as to how to best move cases towards settlement. Bob understands the concerns and motivations of all sides. He seeks to efficiently assess the information available and use his insight to find win-win solutions. Bob tackles his work with an enthusiastic, high-energy style, which avoids unnecessary confrontation.
He is known for his clear and timely communications and keeping a sense of humor in difficult situations, relieving stress for all involved and getting the job done to the satisfaction of all concerned.
He is often retained to analyze claims approaching trial where prior efforts at resolution have failed. Bob brings a fresh set of eyes to review these difficult claims. He develops and executes strategies to motivate other parties to settle, or reach pre-trial agreements to limit outlier results and streamline trials.
Bob is a frequent lecturer on topics relating to mediation, analysis of high-exposure claims, including such topics as New York’s Labor Law; Early Identification and Resolution of High Exposure Lawsuits; Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy/Complex Regional Pain Syndrome-Analysis and Pro-Active Resolution; Analysis of Medical Records in High Exposure Injuries; Supplementary Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Arbitration; Danger Invites Rescue Claims; Collateral Source issues; Negligent Entrustment of Dangerous Instrumentalities; Analysis of Pre-Morbidity and Co-Morbidity in Damages Evaluation; Liens and Subrogation in High Exposure Lawsuits; Transfer of Risk of Loss in High Exposure Lawsuits; Closed Head Injury/TBI and New Technology; Amputations, Burns and Severe Head Injuries.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Automobile Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Municipal Liability
- Premises Accidents
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- Property Damage
- Trucking Accidents
- New York, 1980
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1980
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1980
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 1980
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 1980
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1980
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Defense Association of New York, Member
- Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- 1980 University of Miami School of Law – J.D.
- 1976 Hamilton College – A.B.